Choral Conductors’ Workshop with
IT’S ON! Choral Conductors’ Workshop 2022*
July 25-29 | Seaside, Oregon
This professional development workshop, designed for conductors of choirs at all levels, gives special emphasis to the important role non-verbal skills can play in rehearsal and performance.
- Explore movement activities designed to improve intonation, timbre, rhythmic accuracy and to expand dynamic range.
- Examine the effect of the conductor’s posture and gesture on vocal production and choral tone.
- Experience how effective pacing and affirmative instruction improves both focus and retention in the choral rehearsal.
- Enhance practical conducting skills during daily master classes.
- Enjoy daily reading sessions from a large packet of octavos personally selected by Rod Eichenberger.
Dr. Edith Copley, President Elect of National ACDA, will join us at this year’s Workshop. She will present sessions to augment the regular format of the workshop.